.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blessed

Posted by -Gs | Sunday, October 3, 2010 | Category: |

I'm listening to the 180th General Conference. The Prophet is talking about gratitude. I realize that all of our blessings come from a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants us to be happy.

Here are a few things I'm grateful for over the last month:


1. I'm grateful for General Conference. I'm grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel and the Priesthood. I'm grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel that bring true happiness. I had the opportunity to join my friend Monica at last week's General Relief Society Broadcast. We were able to go through the tunnel where the Prophet comes out. I sat 5 rows back from the Prophet. I swear President Uchdorf and Eyring were looking right at me. My testimony was solidified that President Monson is a true Prophet today. I am grateful for him and the leadership that he brings to the church.

2. I'm grateful for our talents and abilities. I'm grateful for the opportunity that Garrett has to be on the team this year. I'm grateful for our health. I'm grateful for a husband who looks really hot playing soccer on that field.

3. I'm grateful for my job. I know it is a great blessing to be employed, especially in my field. When I was a freshmen a girl in my home ward gave me the advice to start getting internships and jobs that were relevant to my major early on. Because of that, I have be lucky enough to have jobs and internships that have given me the experience that I needed to get a great job once I graduated. I'm grateful for the people I work with and everything that I learn from them each day. Oh, and I'm grateful for my new red shoes.

4. Family. My mom had surgery last month. I'm so happy that A) she is not pregnant and B) she quickly recovered from a very invasive surgery.

I'm SUPER grateful for my older brother Jim. I'm grateful for the example that he has set for me. I'm grateful for the gift of repentance. And I'm grateful that families can be together. I'm proud of Jim and all he has done in the last 2 years.

I'm grateful for the trials that my family has gone through in the past few years. I'm thankful that through them, my family has become even more unified. I am thankful for the gift of family and the support that those relationships can bring.

5. I'm grateful for Garrett. And his long hair.... And that he is going to be cutting it this month. :)

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply