.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Long 2 Weeks

Posted by -Gs | Friday, November 5, 2010 | Category: |

It’s been a crazy 2 weeks. Garrett left me for a week adventure in LA. He spent the weekend with his sisters, Gabes and Miristi and the week at the Adobe MAX conference.


I still have yet to hear everything he learned, but I know they put on a fantastic conference. There were lots of hands-on classes about the Adobe Suite. He was able to do some major networking with people from Google and Lynda.com. Garrett has mastered Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator over the last year and is now moving toward Dreamweaver and After Effects.


The main highlight of the conference was when they gave all attendees the new Google Phone as well as the Google TV for FREE. A ticket for the conference cost

$1,800 but Garrett talked one of his past clients into sending him there for $195. After the free Google gifts,

everything learned, and all the free food, Garrett really made out like a bandit. He will leave to his next design conference later in November to New York City.



Meanwhile, I was at home with a hacking cough (that Garrett left me with). I had a girlfriend stay with me for the weekend where we were pampered all weekend with manies, petties, and scalp treatments. We watched a few scary movies and went to a haunted house (bad idea while husband is gone). It was a blast, but I missed Garrett so much that I bought a plane ticket to New York City so that I didn’t have to be alone another weekend while Garrett attends the Future of Web Design conference.


He came home late Wednesday night and I left on Friday for Denver. We did manage to squeeze a Thursday date night in there with Outback and Step-up 3. (Garrett has now seen Step-up 3, 3 times!)

The very next day (Friday) my mom flew my sister Amanda and I home to Colorado for her birthday weekend. It was so much fun. We went to the temple on Saturday morning and did some family names. I love being there with my family. It brings on a whole different meaning to the song “Families Can Be Together Forever” when you are all together in the Celestial room. It was an amazing experience. I’m sure nothing makes my parents more happy than seeing us all in the temple together.



We enjoyed a nice lunch at Hacienda with Grandma an

d did a little bit of shopping. Saturday night was spent at the ward Trunk-or-Treat. We didn’t bring costumes but managed fine when we spent a few minutes looking in my dad’s

closet. I found his vintage Boy Scout uniform and Amanda wore some Indian thing my grandma sewed for him when he was 14. It had tassels on it. Jim came out in the epic mummy costume. Dad was the wizard. Typical.


Sunday was amazing. I enjoy going back to my home ward and seeing the people who helped raise me. We had dinner with Dan and Dan Doerfein and the Sigmons. It was the quintessential Sunday.


Back in Utah, Garrett was busting the Beiber-doo. He spent some time with the boys going to haunted corn mazes and dressing up as "Thing Wild” His hair sure has gone wild. He needs a haircut. Bad.



But I missed Garrett even with his moppy new hair style. I’m glad I’m finally home.

The last few weeks we’ve both been sick, out of town and crazy busy with work/school. I’m excited to be home with everything back to normal.


Hopefully things will slow down and allow us to relax (ps. Garrett is launching a business on Thursday, meeting the Governor for his design business being named top 25 student-owned businesses in Utah, his birthday is on Saturday, he just got an MRI and found out he needs surgery this month as soon as we get home from New York... Then we will relax.)




Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply