.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cookin'

Posted by -Gs | Sunday, July 3, 2011 | Category: |



I've been cooking some new things lately. One of the coolest things I did was a Mother's Day present from Garrett. He and Cory bought Lyndsey and I a cooking class by La Jolla Groves down at the Riverwoods. They brought in an amazing chef who owns both La Jolla Groves and Chef's Table. He also was the chef for President Monson when he held large events. Here are some of the delicious things we made.

We started off learning how to make some fresh pesto. I LOVE pesto. We used it in just about everything we made after. Like, this amazing tuscan tomato soup. I don't even like tomato soup, but this we delicious. He then taught us how to make rice pilaf and the the base of any soup. I learned I had been making soup wrong all this time. He then made panzanella - a breaded salad with fresh sun dried tomatoes, onions, pesto and a balsamic vinaigrette. He then taught us how to make a white sauce that we then used for shrimp scampi. Lastly, he taught us how to make chicken correctly which we then ate with the rice we had made earlier. Everything was delicious. I was full for at least a day. It was a great present. He teaches these classes once a month which I hope to continue to attend. There is one in November and December that is a cooking class for the holidays.

I've also done some cooking nights with some friends from work. We made the lettuce wraps from P.F. Changs and perfect Mango Sticky rice. Turns out you need a special pot and basket that you put your rice in that then steams. It was amazing. This past weekend we went up there and did a vegan night which was also fabulous.

Now, I just need to take some of these recipes home and make them myself.

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply